Monday, November 22, 2010

Inspiration Leads to Renovation

As you know by now, my lovely daughter has "flown the coop" as it were. So with that inspiration and my love of the Ballard Designs "Claudette" headboard, I set out to redesign her bedroom.




I was in love with the shape, but not so in love with the price! In addition, it was not available in a twin :(
So taking inspiration and confidence from previously attempting creating these . . .


I decided to re-create the Claudette headboard,  Anthropologies Style from cardboard and an old Jane Austin novel.  Again, I headed to Lowes for the all important refrigerator box and began to cut, saw, mold and paper mache'. I am so very pleased with the overall transformation of the bedroom. One that was last done for an eighth grader, to one that any young adult would be proud to call her own.





 . . . what started as this . . .

. . . now looks like this.







linking to :
Metamorphosis Monday at Between Naps on the Porch
Tuesdays Treasures at My Uncommon Slice of Suburbia

7 comments:

  1. Wow! It's really lovely! Now I wanna know where the cardboard fits in! Off to check out the awesome angel wings!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Love your headboard! I like Ballard Designs too, but I don't like their prices. Your version is fantastic!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Angela, that's so clever and it looks just great. And so easy to change out when you feel the urge. Thanks for stopping by. Jane F.

    ReplyDelete
  4. Alyssha,

    The cardboard is what the headboard is made from... I will be adding a tutorial later . . .keep posted

    ReplyDelete
  5. That is gorgeous! I like it better than the Ballard one! I love your blog and I'm now your newest follower...pop over and say 'hi' sometime! :-)
    Vanessa

    ReplyDelete

Grab My Button

Honeydew Productions

LinkWithin

Related Posts with Thumbnails