Wednesday, November 16, 2011

Why I've Been A.W.O.L

I posted earlier about how life can get in the way . . .
Well this man,



my Daddy, Gene,  has been suffering the debilitating effects of Parkinsons disease.

He was a WWII veteran and he passed away this past Veterans Day, November 11, 2011 at the "young" age of 88. I have been caring for him for the last year and one half, and was with him until the end. I will miss all the doctor visits I drove him to because during those times, we were able to talk about his life, my life and remember the old times.

My favorite memory, is from when he drove me to college (a four hour road trip). Since most of the trip was in deep east Texas, radio was hard to come by, and the only 8 track tape I was allowed to play  (yep, I'm that old) was by Bobby Vinton. I still smile when I hear "Blue on Blue, Heartache on Heartache".

Image from: famous1.all.co.uk

I always knew he would choose a special day to meet God, and he did. We will further honor him, by having his burial on Pearl Harbor Day. Goodbye Daddy. I will miss you and your smile. You were a wonderful Father and grandfather to my children!

Your loving daughter,

No comments:

Post a Comment

Grab My Button

Honeydew Productions

LinkWithin

Related Posts with Thumbnails