Saturday, June 4, 2011

Promises . . .as promised

I know I'm bad, possibly the worst blogger in blogland! 
I make promises and fail to honor them
but, I will try to make amends today. (can you feel me kissing up yet?)

Remember this


Well I finally have new pictures to show you! 



Remember how a cat had attacked her backside


   


After a little spit and polish for the frame, drop cloth for the upholstery, and the professional upholstery services of Kingston Fabric, she is ready to make her debut!

 Thank you for your patience with my more than sporadic posts. I just want you to know I love and appreciate you all!

Linking up to:
 Amaze Me Monday @ Dittle Dattle
 Metamorphosis Monday @ Between Naps on the Porch
 Motivate Me Monday @  Crafts Keep Me Sane
 Masterpiece Monday @ Boogie Board Cottage
Tuesday's Treasures @ My Uncommon Slice of Suburbia
Wow us Wednesday's @ Savvy Southern Style
Transformation Thursday @ The Shabby Chic Cottage
Furniture Feature Friday @ Miss Mustard Seed 
Frugal Friday@ The Shabby Nest 

17 comments:

  1. love how the chair came out its beautiful. it has a great look to it.

    ReplyDelete
  2. absolutely fabulous...love the drop cloth fabric! stopping by from tuesdays treasures to say hello.

    alison
    stuff and nonsense

    ReplyDelete
  3. Visiting from Shabby Chic. Your chair turned out lovely. Just curious how the upholsterer felt about using drop cloth fabric?

    ReplyDelete
  4. Hi Angela, your chair is a huge transformation. Love it. great job choosing the fabric! Be sure and come by tomorrow and link up for Vintage Inspiration Friday. show off your chair!! xo Debra

    ReplyDelete
  5. Oh, this turned out beautifully! The button tufting is divine.
    Thanks for your kind comment on my 'chocolate' coffee table!

    ReplyDelete
  6. @Joselyn . . .the upholsterer loved it. (note: I did pre-wash, bleach etc. prior to taking it to him)

    Side note: Many designers in the area came by to pick up their pieces and fell in LURVE! Asked Tim who-dun-it . . .

    ReplyDelete
  7. It turned out great - I thought you had done the tufting - no matter. It's pretty cool you caused a "stir" at the upholsterers.

    ReplyDelete
  8. Looks soooo nice! Love the dropcloths-as-upholstery...really gives the chair an interesting texture and a cool counterpoint to the tufting.

    ReplyDelete
  9. very pretty, love the tufting :) my living room sofa is tufted too

    ReplyDelete
  10. hi angela,
    this chair is GORGE-ous! love the paint application, makes it looks so loved and worn over time. your repurposing & creating of items is awesome.
    thank you for stopping by my blog ;)

    and as a side note, i can relate with you to being in the sandwich generation...we can easily burn out if we're not careful. creativity, to me, is like exercise for the brain without the sweat(plus it keeps me mentally focused).
    have a great weekend!

    ReplyDelete
  11. Hi Angela!! I am in love love love with this chair!! It's gorgeous and such a transformation! Thank you for stopping by to visit me!
    xoxo
    Jeri

    ReplyDelete
  12. Thank you all for your lovely comments!
    You made me smile today!

    ReplyDelete
  13. Hi there~ Super charming chair redo- it came out darling! Would love for you to come share this at Feathered Nest Friday! :)

    ReplyDelete
  14. What a gorgeous makeover. Thanks for sharing at WUW.

    ReplyDelete
  15. What a beautiful chair. I love the finish and upolstering it in drop cloth was a fabulous choice.

    ReplyDelete
  16. Wowzers! What a fabulous transformation!!! I''m here from Kim's party and I'm your newest follower. Pop over for a visit sometime.
    xoxo,
    Kim

    ReplyDelete
  17. I love, love it! what a great makeover!

    ReplyDelete

Grab My Button

Honeydew Productions

LinkWithin

Related Posts with Thumbnails