Thursday, March 19, 2015

Glamper Remodel: New Floor Installed

After prepping the floor with self-leveling compound, I painted the entire floor with one coat of kilz. 
Now for the fun!
I chose these!

Armstrong Excelon: Cool White

Armstrong Excelon: Buttercream
Mark the starting location for the placement of the tiles using a chalk line, I wanted my floor to run "on point"so I struck a centerline in the doorway, and a centerline  between the closet cabinet and where the face of the galley cabinets would fall. I used these lines to line up the points on my tiles. 

Use the appropriate mastic and trowel and follow directions for the application of the glue.

floor with glue applied

Here is a helpful video on "How to Install VCT tile:


My floor in progress
Finished with 5 coats of polish
Happy Glamping!


No comments:

Post a Comment

Grab My Button

Honeydew Productions

LinkWithin

Related Posts with Thumbnails