Sunday, December 5, 2010

Project Run-Amuck

Have you ever had one of those projects where on thing leads to another?  Well  I am currently knee-deep in one of those just such projects!

I all started with a hole in the garage ceiling that I asked my son to help repair. 

(minor hole)

Well, 100sf of drywall, 8 hrs of un-tape-and-bed, re-tape and bed, 2 1/2 gal of primer (not finished with that yet), 


all your 
worldly garage goods 
grown son's dresses (among other things)
(more crap-ola) 

strewn in the yard for you neighbors to see (some thought it was a garage sale). Another second day of priming and hopefully painting, and it just might be ready for Between Naps on the Porch's Metamorphosis Monday.

Here is the sneak peek to the transformation-in-progress of Mr. Fisherman's Bat Cave.


Oh yea . . . I forgot to mention we needed a Hazmat Team for the removal of this
yep . . . that is what you think it is . . .   
and in the middle of the night, I was scrambling for rags (by flashlight)
 because the shelf unit we left in the driveway fell over leading to our own 
BP Oil Indecent

Thank Gosh for Kitty Litter!!!



4 comments:

  1. My mother always said, "It has to look ugly before it is beautiful." Can't wait to see the beautiful pictures. :-) Don't you hate that these things happen at the busy-est season of the year?

    ReplyDelete
  2. This comment has been removed by the author.

    ReplyDelete
  3. I have sooo had those kinds of projects -- in fact, that seems to be the way my whole life goes! I hope everything worked out okay? That kitty litter works wonders. My DH and DS decided to change the oil on the DS' car on my brand new patio a few years ago, and ended up spilling! (Why they thought doing this project on my "party patio" was a good idea, I will never understand) Anyway, kitty litter and a push broom got all the oil out!
    ~Amanda

    ReplyDelete
  4. Looks like you have a big project...thank goodness for kitty litter when you need it!!

    ReplyDelete

Grab My Button

Honeydew Productions

LinkWithin

Related Posts with Thumbnails