Wednesday, July 21, 2010

Dresser Re-make

Today I am bringing you a little dresser that took on a whole other life as a TV cabinet. It was made back in the day that I had a honkin’,  25” portable bad-boy inside, but now supports our flat screen, so the insides tend to get a little messy.
misc 001To start it’s transition from dresser to cabinet, I ripped the drawer fronts off the drawers, attached them to plywood, then sawed them up the middle…
Now mind you, I had never destroyed altered a piece of furniture before, but now there was no turning back!
Next order of business…find the right hardware to make the doors “pocket”.
misc 009

misc 005
Mind you, I am making this up as I go along…..but it seems to be working.
Next order of business was the top. I don’t have any before pics, but suffice it to say, it was a mess of peeling veneer. Solution, try my hand at painting faux marble (ala Debbie Travis). Again, never attempted faux finishes…here went nothing.
misc 003
misc 004
All done…and the price was right…my Mom paid $10 for the dresser, gave it to me for free…giver or take $50 in hardware…and vua-la dresser turned TV cabinet with retractable pocket doors.
misc 002
p.s. be sure to check out the other wonderful “Cheap Chic” ideas at the Cheap Chic Home linky party and other fun things at Tea Rose Home.


No comments:

Post a Comment

Grab My Button

Honeydew Productions

LinkWithin

Related Posts with Thumbnails